From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Re: rewriting SIMS
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:40:58 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:28 AM -0800 11/6/01, Global Homes Webmaster wrote:
>On 11/06/01 at 11:50, David Muszynski wrote:
>

>> What I'm saying is, "DROP THAT COMMUNIGATOR LIKE A HOT POTATOE!"

Why not incorporate the functionality of Communigator -- those parts that apply to SIMS -- right into SIMS? Supply menus for POP, SMTP, Router, etc. I mean, the code is already done (for Communigator); it wouldn't be that hard to merge it right into SIMS. Then you'd have no separate application to worry about. Optionally, you could run another copy of SIMS anywhere else and use it just like you use Communigator now, to log into a running SIMS server.

>NOOOOOO!!! I, for one, detest web interfaces for applications like this. HTTP
>necessarily has certain limitations (statelessness, security issues, browser
>ambiguities, etc.) that makes it awkward, at best, for things like admin
>interfaces. I almost never use the web inteface for SIMS, and then only when
>it's absolutely necessary (like when I don't have at least TB2 access to the
>server).

Since my machines are co-located, I rarely use anything but the web interface. I use Communigator initially to set up SIMS, then rarely, ever again.
--

Internet Tools for Business --  <http://www.CyberSpaces.net/>
E-commerce web hosting