From: Global Homes Webmaster <webmaster@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: WWW vs. CommuniGator (was Re: rewriting SIMS)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:31:57 -0800
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 11/07/01 at 13:11, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

> >I have a strong negative bias towards _using_ a Web-based interface:
> >When I have it enabled, it means I've just opened a _BIG_ security
> >hole into my mail server.
>
> Big is a relative term, but your point is well-taken. Does
> Communigator over a network have no security issues, or only fewer
> than web-based?

At least with Communigator, as it is now, access can be (and, if SIMS is
running under a MacOS version prior to OS 9, _is_) limited to program linking
via AppleTalk. That doesn't lock it down 100%, but it does effectively limit
admin access to within a LAN.

      <http://www.globalhomes.com/> | PGP public key available on request