From: Nick Quinn <nquinn@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Version 1.8b8
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 20:08:11 +1000
To: SIMS <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Technical Support, Stalker Labs,

Thus spoke Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com> on
Friday, 23 November 2001 at 7:04 PM +1000:

>>Can someone please tell me what these mean:
>>
>>2001-11-20
>>19:56:41 3 SMTP-758(akers) Failed to verify. Real address is
>>[203.37.226.144:1043]
>
>[skipped]
>
>>203.37.226.144-157 are of my ip#s and work for others?
>
>The sender uses 'ackers' as the parameter to HELO/EHLO and SIMS tries to
>resolve that via DNS. Either configure that sender to use fully qualified
>host name in the HELO/EHLO command, or add
>
>akers A 203.37.226.144
>
>into the Hosts file (TCP/IP settings) on the SIMS machine.

so... they have a bad setting on their 'puter?

.. I mean: we are a micro isp and this person "thinks" that none of her
emails have gone out in the last month (which I was told today).

No, it is a support problem, so I will go back to the person and clarify.

thanks,

Nick Quinn
Sunshine Beach Software in OZ