From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Transfer from one SIMS server to another
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 23:53:33 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Theoretically true.

In real life, don't expect it to actually happen.  AOL is notoriously slow about updating their DNS servers.  In my neck of the woods, the University of Texas is also.  I always assume that it'll be at least a week - and if I have the ability, a month - before everyone is getting the correct info.

Sorry, I don't have a definitive answer on the original question, but from my understanding of the router function
rumantsch.ch  =  nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn.smtp
should do the trick.  I don't have a lot of experience there, however.  If you have a domain available that's not using mail at the present time, I'd suggest testing it out.  (I usually have several domains that are just "on hold" until the owner gets it together to do something).

BC

Doesn't one usually decrease the TTL for the DNS entry before it is changed on the DNS server?  That would allow the rest of the world a pretty quick change to the new records.

Devon.