From: Terry Allen <hmag@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: WEB based administration
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:34:37 +1100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>>as far as I know, there some utilities are available to administer
>>SIMS with an ordinary browser. I know there is an HTTP module for
>>SIMS, but I do not want to have my customers edit the whole server.
>>I want to give them acces to their own accounts, have them read and
>>acces their mail and so on. Can someone give me the URL's where I
>>can find the utils.
>>
>>Thanks
>>--
>>Th. van Hoesel
>
>You're looking for Webmail, or web based administration of user accounts?
>
>If webmail:
>
>MMS has been around for a year and a half or so.  I use it.  It's not
>perfect, but it peforms fairly well.  http://www.magix.com.my
>
>4D Webstar just released a standalone webmail application that
>supposedly works with SIMS (or any other SMTP server) . See
><http://www.4DWebMail.com/>.  Still in Beta.
>--
>Bill Christensen
>billc@greenbuilder.com

Hi again,
Tenon's WebTen (assuming you're using a pre-OSX capable machine),
has a Webmail app built in & preconfigured - the version that comes with
WebTen has ads, but you can upgrade from the original & get it
customisable. I've found that WebTen works superbly alongside SIMS as have
many others. A few people have had minor issues though I think. I've been
running the 2 apps together for about 2 years wthout any problem.

Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
hEARd
c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
The Entrance
NSW    2261
Australia

Internet -
WWW:
http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au